Monday, May 01, 2023

Searchin' My Soul


I'd love to make time to watch a re-run of Ally McBeal, just like I watched countless re-runs of Friends with the gals (can never get enough of it and the fond memories that came with it!). In essence, Ally's first love was Billy. After he died in Season 3, the only person Ally could love was Larry.

Unfortunately, life, true to its twists and turns, Larry had to be written off by the producers (due to a real life drama unfolding in Robert Downey Jr.'s life outside the series). Otherwise, by the end of Season 4, Ally and Larry would be married. And Season 5 would have chronicled their married life (Ally would have had her perfect ending in love).

Like Ally, the best of us live our life searching for "the one" and ultimately ended up preferring to be alone (as for Ally, she left the law firm in Boston for New York to take care of her child, a result of her egg donation in a fertility study; in real life, Calista Flockhart wanted to spend more quality time with her adopted son as he was growing up).

Searchin' my soul, written and sung by Vonda Shepard, was the theme song for Ally McBeal - love the catchy tune with meaningful and uplifting lyrics that many could relate to when faced with the ups and downs of life. I'll end my post with the song and an extract of its lyrics ❤ 

"I've been down this road walkin' the line that's painted by pride. And I have made mistakes in my life that I just can't hide. Oh I believe I am ready for what love has to bring. Got myself together, now I'm ready to sing. I've been searchin' my soul tonight. I know there's so much more to life. Now I know I can shine a light to find my way back home. One by one, the chains around me unwind. Every day now I feel that I can leave those years behind. Oh I've been thinking of you for a long time. There's a side of my life where I've been blind and so..."

No comments: